I am a thirtysomething wife and mother finding joy in the journey with a myriad of health complications stemming from late stage Lyme disease. I am a creator, a challenge acceptor, an infertility survivor, a happiness pursuer, a sunshine seeker, a champion of kindness and an eternal optimist, living with the man of my dreams and my two miraculous and ridiculously adorable sons. It's a roller coaster ride, but I won't deny that I am blessed!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

June, Continued

In the middle of June, the Mr. and I made a big decision. The adoption process in Africa was taking a painfully long amount of time. It was currently at a stand still and we didn't know how long it would take to eventually go through ... IF if went through at all.

One day, we started thinking about the prospect of adopting an infant, here from the United
States, while we waited for the international adoption to go through. The more we thought about it, prayed about it, the more excited we got!

We immediately found a local agency through a referral and started our paperwork with them.
It's amazing how different, how beautiful the world started looking to us again - full of hope.