I am a thirtysomething wife and mother finding joy in the journey with a myriad of health complications stemming from late stage Lyme disease. I am a creator, a challenge acceptor, an infertility survivor, a happiness pursuer, a sunshine seeker, a champion of kindness and an eternal optimist, living with the man of my dreams and my two miraculous and ridiculously adorable sons. It's a roller coaster ride, but I won't deny that I am blessed!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

July

"Gallbladders are overrated!"

That was my post headline at the end of June, after having spent over 5 hours in the ER, finding out I was having a gallbladder attack.

So, at the very beginning of July, I went in for immediate emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed.


The surgery went well. Obviously it went well enough for me to be up and going to Lake Powell just about a week and a half later with the family! Although, I took the time to mostly just heal. And I didn't even get in the water (couldn't soak my incisions yet), which was a great feat for me!

I actually did recover quite well and pretty quickly from the surgery. And in no time, was back to doing fun, summer activities that took up the rest of July.