I am a thirtysomething wife and mother finding joy in the journey with a myriad of health complications stemming from late stage Lyme disease. I am a creator, a challenge acceptor, an infertility survivor, a happiness pursuer, a sunshine seeker, a champion of kindness and an eternal optimist, living with the man of my dreams and my two miraculous and ridiculously adorable sons. It's a roller coaster ride, but I won't deny that I am blessed!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

August, Continued


And ... the BIG NEWS starts!!

As I mentioned, two months earlier, in June, we started the paperwork with a local adoption agency to adopt an infant from the USA.

On August 24th, we got the news! Here's what I wrote on our blog:

Are you sitting down?? Are you ready for some BIG news? Sorry that we're not CALLING everyone to tell them personally, but our list is TOO large and we are too EXCITED to not share!
We have been "chosen" by a birth mother to adopt her baby!!! She is due October 1st! So ... in 5 weeks or so we are going to be PARENTS!!!

I will give more details soon! I'm actually off to bed SOON. I just wanted to get this information out there!

WOO HOO!!! We could NOT be more THRILLED!!!!!!


We were told that the birth mother had never had an ultrasound, and so we didn't know the sex of the baby. But the very next day ... this ...

NEWS flash/update!! We just got a call from the adoption agency - the birth mother had an ultra sound today and ...





it's a ..........









BOY!!!!




WOO HOO!!!! We're SO excited!!!


So if you have any boy name ideas, we'd love for you to share! We had our girl name pretty set in stone, so of COURSE it's a boy, right? :)


Oh! AND the due date has been moved to October 22nd - he could be born on my birthday!! This will be the BEST birthday EVER!! :)


The next day, I showed off our very first purchase for the world to see ...
...you could say we were excited :)