I am a thirtysomething wife and mother finding joy in the journey with a myriad of health complications stemming from late stage Lyme disease. I am a creator, a challenge acceptor, an infertility survivor, a happiness pursuer, a sunshine seeker, a champion of kindness and an eternal optimist, living with the man of my dreams and my two miraculous and ridiculously adorable sons. It's a roller coaster ride, but I won't deny that I am blessed!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Diagnosed

On Wednesday, August 19, I wrote the following entry on our personal blog:


Today, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. The diagnosis was based on years of symptoms, but mostly on the "points test." If 11 out of the 18 points that they test are tender or painful, they give you a positive diagnosis. 13 out of the 18 points tested positive for me.

It's interesting that I wasn't upset at all. My initial response was, "Well, just chalk this up to one more experience that I'm meant to have in this life!" And the scripture kept running through my mind,

"know thou, my [daughter], that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

At this point in time, I'm seriously just so grateful to be alive and to have a body! I wouldn't trade this earthly experience for anything! That's right - the infertility and miscarriages, the arthritis, Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, and whatever else will be thrown my way. I wouldn't trade it for the chance to come to earth and receive a body. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for entrusting me with this tabernacle.